Boost Your Google Maps Ranking with This Simple Tip
Do you find yourself frustrated because, no matter how hard you try to optimise your Google business profile, it never seems to appear at the top of Google Maps? Well, there’s good news. In this article, we’ll reveal a straightforward and legitimate tip that can turn your luck around almost overnight. The best part is, you don’t need any special skills to implement it.
The Quest for the Top Spot
Every business owner dreams of being number one on Google Maps for their primary service in their city. It makes perfect sense, right? But here’s the catch – in competitive fields, achieving that top spot can be challenging and maintaining it even more so. For example, ranking number one for keywords like “personal injury attorney in London” is a tough nut to crack, requiring a substantial investment in various SEO strategies, as well as time and money.
Moreover, being number one in big cities doesn’t always guarantee the best results. Potential clients often prefer businesses that are closer to them to avoid lengthy commutes. So, how can you quickly rise to the top of Google Maps to attract more local customers without incurring additional costs? The answer lies in a simple yet effective strategy.
Introducing Predefined Services
The secret to boosting your Google Maps ranking lies in adding predefined services to your business listing. These predefined services are directly linked to your business categories and significantly influence your visibility on Google Maps. Here’s how you can do it:
- Log into Your Google Business Account: Start by logging into the Google Business account associated with your Google business profile.
- Search for Your Business: Look for your business and click on the “Edit Services” icon.
- Add More Services: You’ll find a list of services already added. Click on the “Add More Services” link to discover more services suggested by Google based on your business categories. These are the predefined services that can boost your ranking.
- Select Relevant Services: Add the predefined services that are relevant to your business and save your changes. Avoid adding services you don’t provide, as it serves no purpose.
- Repeat the Process: If your business falls under multiple categories, repeat the process for each category on your profile. Fortunately, Google allows you to add up to 10 categories, so make the most of it.
Uncover Hidden Opportunities
To maximize your chances of being found on Google Maps, consider exploring additional business categories. Many businesses miss out on opportunities because they overlook certain categories. Here’s a practical approach:
- Use the “GMB Everywhere” Extension: Head over to the Google Chrome Store and install the “GMB Everywhere” extension.
- Search for Competitors: Open Google Maps and search for businesses similar to yours. The extension will display all the business categories used by your competitors in the search results.
- Identify Missed Categories: Take note of the categories that would be a good fit for your business, and which your competitors are using. This will enable you to add them to your listing later on.
- Explore Further: To uncover more category options, click on the “Find More” button within the extension. This will open the category finder tool, allowing you to pick suggested categories or discover new ones based on your competitors’ listings.
- Update Your Profile: Once you’ve identified the relevant categories, go to your Google business profile, click on “Edit Profile” under the business category section, add the new categories, and save the changes.
Watch Your Rankings Soar
Adding predefined services and optimizing your business categories is a quick and straightforward process that can significantly enhance your visibility on Google Maps. The speed at which you’ll see results depends on various factors, including your business type and market. In some cases, clients have reported seeing improvements in as little as a day.
For further validation of this strategy’s effectiveness, consider the case study conducted by Joy Hawkins from Sterling Sky, a renowned local SEO agency. They implemented this approach with their clients and witnessed results within 24 to 72 hours after making the necessary changes, even in highly competitive niches.
To track your performance on Google Maps, we recommend using a Google Maps tracking tool. Such tools not only monitor your performance but also offer optimization tips powered by AI to help you climb higher on Google Maps. Investing in such a tool can be well worth it.
The Best Categories
Choosing the best categories for your business on Google Business Profile (GBP) is crucial for maximizing local search visibility and attracting potential customers.
- Don’t overdo it: Google allows up to 10 categories, but avoid irrelevant or overly broad choices. Stick to categories that accurately represent your core business offerings.
- Localize your choices: Consider including location-specific categories relevant to your region or city. This can further refine your target audience and attract local customers.
- Stay updated: Regularly review and update your categories as your business offerings or focus change.
- Monitor performance: Track how your chosen categories impact your search visibility and customer engagement. Analyze and adjust as needed for optimal results.
By strategically selecting the best categories and keeping these tips in mind, you can optimize your GBP listing and put your car dealership on the map for potential customers in your area. Remember, relevance and accuracy are key!
In conclusion, if you’re looking to improve your Google Maps ranking and attract more local customers, don’t underestimate the power of predefined services and strategic business categories. It’s a simple yet highly effective way to enhance your online visibility and drive more traffic to your business. Give it a try and watch your business rise to the top of Google Maps.